Placenta Encapsulation You Can Trust.
Placenta encapsulation is provided by Colorado Mountain Doulas. We are pleased to offer customized, in-home services to Colorado Springs and surrounding areas.
Placenta consumption is a centuries-old custom most often practiced in Chinese Medicine. There is significant anecdotal evidence of the wonderful benefits.
Your placenta is a very important part of hormone production during your pregnancy, taking control of producing your hormones beginning in the second trimester. After birth, it takes about 6-8 weeks for your body to begin producing its own hormones again. By taking your placenta pills during your recovery from birth, you can help stabilize your body while it begins producing hormones again.
The CMD Placenta Standard
In order to remove any doubt that you are, indeed, receiving your own placenta, CMD only encapsulates within the client’s home. This also makes us available to answer any questions that you may have or think about during the process. Our Postpartum Placenta Specialists have completed a separate Blood Borne Pathogen certification, along with a 12 hour, intensive Placenta Preparation training. Proper preparation and respect of the placenta is a two-day process that we take very seriously.
- In-Home Encapsulation to preserve your microbiome
- Customized options
- Steamed preparation
- Placenta prints
- Cord keepsake included upon request
- Free gift with purchase
- Two in-home visits from a professional doula and placenta specialist, available to answer questions throughout the process
Placenta Encapsulation benefits
- Increased release of the hormone oxytocin, helping the uterus return to normal size and encouraging bonding with baby
- Increase in CRH, helping to reduce stress
- Decrease in postpartum depression levels
- Restoration of blood iron levels
- Increased milk production*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This service is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
To learn more about Placenta Encapsulation Services, please visit our Placenta FAQ Page.